Thursday, May 20, 2010

Most Useful MBA Elective Class

When I first started the second year of my MBA program, it was looking like the most useful class (professionally) would be Financial Statement Analysis (FSA).
Don’t get me wrong, FSA is great. Basically, you can take a company’s financial statements and dissect them in ways that they can’t hide behind - at least as good as any paid stock market analyst could. Very useful.
But now, after a few weeks into it, the CLEAR winner is Modeling and Simulation Using Excel (QM880). Many thanks to Tina Thiarra for suggesting I take this class last Spring. In short, every week, we take 5-6 complex problems in Operations, Marketing or Finance, problems I previously would have thought unbelievably difficult to figure out.
We then solve each of them in 15 minutes using Excel. It’s a mindset. Just wait until I figure out how to apply this stuff to Internet Marketing…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plz must visit this web site http://mba-degree-usa.blogspot.com